A little about
The idea to become a business mentor and coach came about in 2016. I was already an entrepreneur for 17 years, and my business had grown exponentially and was a great success. So successful in fact, I could no longer keep up. I was in such high demand that I was photographing 69 weddings per year, including international travel, (don't get me wrong, I still love shooting in places like Hawaii!) on top of all other bookings, admin, marketing, editing and design work, the list goes on. I was constantly working and completely lost track of why I started my own business in the first place.
I felt stuck and frustrated because I was no longer living the life I worked so hard to have. I was living to work and not working to live, it felt like my life was on fast forward and I wasn’t able to enjoy it. To be honest, I was burning the candle at both ends, ready to give up and go back to corporate - just so I could breathe and spend quality time with family.
So, I stepped back and looked at what I loved about my business and what needed to change. Turns out, the mentoring and volunteer work I was doing was the key. I loved helping others start their own businesses, my coaching business was born in the Spring of 2016.
The road wasn’t easy, but it’s a journey I am proud of. I believe that every single woman is fuelled with a passion and the ability to accomplish the incredible, that is how I got where I am today.
- 20 years of extensive entrepreneurial experience
- Providing no-fluff strategies that get results
- Providing clarity, structure and accountability for growth and success
- Helping ambitious women embrace their skills to and launch and grow businesses with confidence
- Creating sustainable results that allow for a better work/life balance
We've crossed paths at the right time for both of us.
I truly believe that no one can find success on their own.
It can feel isolating as a business owner and more so if you are a solopreneur. Even though thanks to social media, we are more connected than we've ever been, those connections are targeted toward the number of connections and not the quality. Add to that the intense pressure of running a business and the overwhelm of trying to keep up with "influencers", industry trends, networking, and client requests... it can feel like you are spinning your wheels.
All of these reasons are why community is important. So important that it has become a passion of mine to help other women find their business success through community!
Together with Tech Savvy Mentor & Coach Kelly L. Gabel, we've made it our mission to build a community of like-minded businesswomen, who provide a system of support and a sense of belonging through our Mastermind and Podcast.
Learn more about our passion project, listen to the podcast and/or join us in the Mastermind at the Success Through Community Website!
Nearly 20 years ago, I took a risk and started my photography business. That's when my entrepreneurial journey really unfolded and provided me with so much knowledge and experience. All of which, I want to share with you!
- I am an animal lover, I believe in global warming, support LGBTQ2S+, women's rights, and more.
- I married my High School Sweetheart, we are celebrating 31 years together this year!
- I was an "empty nester" by the age of 43, with 3 adorable grandbabies!
- At 44, we have a full house again, my husband and I took in and are raising our 2 nephews.
- I don't like being in front of a camera. (20 years behind one solidified that one for me.)
- I drink wine, read a lot of books and spoil myself with a yearly subscription to Broadway!
Want to know more about me?
I am an open book, I love meeting new people, talking about business, life, and all things that spark joy. I'd love to hear from you, get to know you and learn all about your business dreams and ideas!
So, send me an email or find me on Social Media - I can't wait to hear from you!