Did last week's article "How Working With a Coach Can Help You" provide you any insight on why workign with a coach is a good idea? If not, here are a few more reasons having a coach will help you in what ever goals you are trying to achieve.
"Coaches are aware of how to ignite passion and motivate people.”
Here are a few more reasons on why working with a coach is a good idea.
A coach will offer a safe space to talk about sensitive issues. Whether you find the current world too sensitive or not, it's a fact that we need to watch the things we say. Having a coach gives you a safe space where you can talk about more sensitive issues. This doesn't mean you have a place to spout hate, but you can at least vent a bit more freely.
She will encourages you to step out of your comfort zone. Once you are in your comfort zone, you don't want to get out. A good coach will coax and challenge you to step out of it. Stepping out of your comfort zone once in a while will make it easier to create positive change in your life.
Offers a different viewpoint. When you have a coach, you have someone else to bounce ideas off of. It is so easy to get caught up in your tunnel vision that you might not even consider differing opinions. A coach forces you to consider different viewpoints and opinions. This helps you become a more well-rounded individual.
A coach will help you make the tough decisions. Sometimes it feels like life is nothing but a series of difficult decisions. While this isn't always true, it has a basis in reality. How much would you like to have someone else to talk to about these decisions? A good coach provides that kind of assistance.
- Take some time to think about different areas of your life that could use a boost, write these down in a list.
- Reveiw your list and carefully consider if a coach, mentor, or teacher could help you in any of these areas.
- Choose the area of your life that could most use a coach, and start researching coaching options. If you find a fit right for you, take a chance and reach out.
The Coach: Finding, Learning, Becoming
In "The Coach - Finding, Learning, Becoming" you are going to learn about the power of both receiving and providing coaching services. You will start by learning what coaching is all about, how you can benefit from finding your own coach...and ultimately become a coach to help others.
With "The Coach", you will discover...
- What coaching really is and why you should have one.
- The best practices for finding a coach to help you on your journey.
- How to become the best coach possible.